Developer: Dodge Roll
Publisher: Devolver Digital
The game is a linear atmospheric adventure/walking simulator horror type of game and took me about 4 hours to complete.
- the erie background music and sound effects do a good job at keeping the game atmospheric
- immersive adventure/walking simulator gameplay
- the story makes sense, and gives your purpose
minor issues noclipping though certain types of pillars (most people won’t notice this unless you explore)– NOW FIXED
- there are some bugs, that have a negative impact on the immersive gameplay which include some graphical glitches and tears in a few spots,
inventory text improperly positioned– SOME FIXED
- purpley-pink screen [of death?!] a few times in one specific area
- dissatisfying ending
Overall, despite the bugs, I still enjoyed the atmospheric gameplay and thought it was worth the playthrough However, with the current bugs as they are, I cannot recommend paying the full price. I have spoken with one of the developers, and they are going to look into the issues I’ve mentioned here. Hopefully, they will patch soon, and I will revise this review!
Review copy was provided by the developer.