Developer: Telltale Games
Publisher: Telltale Games
The Walking Dead: Michonne is a story rich zombie adventure that focuses on Michonne while she is away from Alexandria in the comic books.
This is the first part in a three part Telltale miniseries. Part two for Episode 2: Give no Shelter can be viewed here.
As far as gameplay, there aren’t many times where you move around freely and interact with things. You get to make choices with your dialog, and you feel like you have a bit of control over the story. But other than HOW the story plays out, the outcome is inevitable. This game is a three-part interactive story that gives you insight into Michonne’s character and background.
- controller support is available
- the audio is great (music is good, sound effects are on point, and the voice acting is done well)
- enjoyable animation style that is consistent with other seasons of The Walking Dead
- episode 1 starts off the story very well, and learning more about Michonne is interesting
- cannot customize controls (but the defaults will be fine for most people)
- some noticeable jitters in the graphics at a few points in game
- decisions don’t affect the overall outcome (which was expected like in the previous Walking Dead seasons)
- replaying to experience other decisions can feel repetitive because you can’t speed up or skip any cut scenes
It’s an enjoyable story so far, and I am eager to see how the second and third episode play out. If you’re a fan of Michonne, The Walking Dead, or just like a good zombie story experience, I recommend playing this game. However, if the other two episodes are the same length as this one (less than 2 hours), and you aren’t in a hurry to play, I could understand waiting for a bit of a sale.